Kathleen Smith-Delach was raised in Washington, Pennsylvania. She received her B.S. from Seton Hill University in Greensburg, Pennsylvania in 1980 and her Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh in 1983. Kathleen was a staff member of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review from 1981-1982 and the Executive Articles Editor from 1982-1983.
Kathleen is a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association) and the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Southwestern Pennsylvania. She is a member of the American and Washington County Bar Associations.
Kathleen resides in Pittsburgh with her husband, Bob. She has four grown daughters, Elizabeth, Jennifer, Cait, and Sara.
Areas of Practice
- Bodily Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Social Security Disability
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Benefits Law
- Insurance Law
- Environmental Law
- Wills and Estates
- Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1994
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1983
- Honors: cum laude
- Seton Hill University, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- B.S. – 1980
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Keller v. Fortis Benefits Ins. Co., 131Fed.Appx.874;35 Employee Benefits Cas.(BNA)1867, 2005, USCA 3rd Circuit
- Emplrs Mut. Cas. Co. v. Loos, 476 F. Supp. 2d 478, 2007, USDC WD Pa.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1983
- Washington County Bar Association, Member, 1983